There is a lot of planning and coordination that goes into a move, are you ready? If you need to finish those last minute fixes or you have not started, Safe Place Mini Storage has ideas to make your house shine and Fredericksburg VA storage units to store your most prized possessions. Let us show you how to show off your house with these quick steps.
- After a long winter or impressive storm clean the exterior of the house, by power washing siding or sidewalks.
- Have a few greens outside. Holly branches are a nice welcome during the cooler months and brightly color flowers during the spring.
- Wash your windows inside and out. When you open the curtains you will notice a difference on the amount of light coming in.
- Add a few small decorations like a new welcome mat or a flag.
- Store patio furniture, to create the most space outdoors.
Cleaning is key
- Clean the tough spots in every room, do not skip any part of your house when cleaning.
- Fabric holds smells and the goal is to have a fresh aroma. Clean curtains, carpets, rugs, etc.
- Beware of strong smelling foods or pet odors. If you are worried about either, simmer a pot of apples and spices on the stove, or light candles.
- If appliances were not used in a few months move them to storage.
- Make sure the heavy traffic areas are clear of furniture. This is a great time to rearrange and choose a new layout.
- Buyers may peak in closets to see how you used storage around the house. Cut back on items related to specific seasons by packing them in our storage units.
Storing while you sell your home is the best way to draw attention to the areas you want people to notice. Keep these tips in mind when the open house is approaching. With Safe Place Mini Storage you will stay on track to sell.